Venture Capital Associate (6-7 month Internship)
Period of internship: Jan 2019 to Jul 2019
*Applications for May 2018 to Dec 2018 has been closed.
Looking for Singapore-based university students. Applicants must take a minimum LOA of 6 months from school during the period of internship.
Expect a grueling, yet satisfying internship, learning directly from the Managing Partner and the execution of VC and business development projects. Take control and be independent of assessing startups for funding.
Promote startup ecosystem initiatives and get ready to regularly travel to Kuala Lumpur and Ho Chi Minh City to oversee portfolio management.
Take charge of sourcing, assessing, evaluating and due diligence on startups for the SG Founder co-investment grant. Target is to fund 10 student-led startups with S$40k each by the end of the internship. Applicants will be part of the evaluation panel.
Prepare and conduct regular outreach to promote the SG overseas entrepreneur program, www.lifewithoutregrets.sg.
Portfolio management over SG Founder co-investment grant investments and the programming school investments.
- Promote the NEXT50 initiative, www.next50.sg, and increase outreach for advisories.
- Build up the branding of TRIVEs as an early-stage VC.
- Constructing and presenting market research reports, where necessary.
- Working closely with Partners on executing other portfolio projects.
- Singaporeans studying in local tertiary institutions only.
- Strong interest in Entrepreneurship and/or Venture Capital.
- Be very independent and take charge of matters.
- Familiarity with the Singapore, Malaysia and Vietnam startup environment.
- Strong communication and networking skills.
- Able to travel with TRIVE to Kuala Lumpur and Ho Chi Minh City.
- Bonus skills: social media, digital marketing.